Part Time Kindergarten Teacher
A permanent, part-time position has become available for an experienced and qualified early childhood professional to join our wonderful team at Bracken Ridge Community Kindergarten commencing early in Term 3.
About our Kindergarten
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten is a not for profit incorporated community kindergarten. The Kindergarten is a single unit centre, affiliated with Lady Gowrie Community Kindergartens.
The Kindergarten is located in a beautiful natural setting and our staff are committed to providing a safe, caring, supportive early educational experience of the highest quality.
The role is for an experienced and highly motivated Early Childhood Teacher to work as part of the team of educators at the Bracken Ridge Kindergarten. The role is 37.5 hour per fortnight as the Kindergarten works on a two group model, with one group attending Monday/Tuesday and the other Thursday/Friday with group alternating Wednesdays.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement a high quality early educational program for 3.5 to 5.5 year olds based upon the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines, the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Maintain high standards in administrative and educational programs and provide professional support to the Nominated Supervisor and staff of the Kindergarten
- Maintain a written program and child developmental records
- Prepare meaningful portfolios for each child
- Actively participate in meetings, professional development and centre events
- Attend monthly committee meetings, liaise with, and support the Management Committee
- Develop meaningful and effective relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and committee members
- Be able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Participate as a member of the Kindergarten’s Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group to develop and implement the Service’s RAP
Candidates will hold:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent Early Childhood qualification
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in an Early Childhood setting
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR (including management of anaphylaxis, management of asthma and automated external defibrillation)
- Current Blue Card or Exemption Card for Teachers
- Be able to commence early in Term 3, 2021
If you are interested in applying for this position or require further information, please contact us via email on email@example.com. Applications should be addressed to the Centre’s Committee President and forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Thursday 24 June 2021 at 5pm.