Educator (Cert III) - SDN Mosman
Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children.
When you begin a career in an SDN Early Education and Care centre, you're joining a village of opportunity. Our centres are inclusive and unique environments where everyone is welcome and respected. Discover a community of professionals who are enhancing children's wellbeing by partnering with families to enrich young lives every day.
SDN Children's Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 700 staff across 34 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT. We also have therapists who support children with autism or a developmental delay, and can help overcome the challenges that can make everyday life and participation tough for children.
About the Centre
SDN Mosman provides early childhood education and child care for 43 children per day in the beautiful Lower North Shore suburb of Mosman, and has a real feel of being 'a home away from home'.
Our families often call our outdoor areas their "green oasis". We invest in award-winning outdoor spaces that have natural designs that inspire children's curiosity, physical play, and social play.
Our centre is located on the border of Cremorne and is located minutes from buses along Military Road.
About The Role
As a Cert III Educator, you will work as part of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children and support the implementation of an approved learning framework.
You will create a stimulating, positive environment to foster and support development (physical, social, emotional, language, creative and cognitive). You will create an environment that ensures trust and security and provides flexible routines and smooth transitions
This is a Full-Time Permanent Cert III role working 38 hours per week in the infants' room.
We also offer a $2K travel allowance for staff travelling more than 25km from their home to the centre.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Current Working with Children's Check (NSW)
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards
- Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (preferable)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Priority placement for children of staff members and discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- RDOs for full-time educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Paid mandatory Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Flu Vaccination reimbursement
- Access to Flare HR - gift card discounts to leading major retailers
To view the position description, please follow the link below or copy and paste into web browser.
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.