Senior Educator (Diploma) - SDN Surry Hills
Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children.
When you begin a career in an SDN Early Education and Care centre, you're joining a village of opportunity. Our centres are inclusive and unique environments where everyone is welcome and respected. Discover a community of professionals who are enhancing children's wellbeing by partnering with families to enrich young lives every day.
SDN Children's Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 700 staff across 34 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT. We also have therapists who support children with autism or a developmental delay, and can help overcome the challenges that can make everyday life and participation tough for children.
About the Centre
SDN Surry Hills provides quality early childhood education and child care for 60 children per day in Sydney's vibrant inner-east community.
Our playground is a rare gem in the inner city, we have a great way of working with infants and toddlers, building secure attachments through sensitive observation in a calm, respectful environment. In addition, our team is highly skilled and dedicated, able to see and nurture the strengths in every child and family.
About The Role
As a Diploma qualified Senior Educator, you will work as part of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children and to plan and support the implementation of an approved learning framework.
You will monitor and document children's development and progress through a diverse range of methods that reflect the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework and ensure that the service maintains operating standards as outlined in the National Quality Standards.
You will develop and maintain effective communication and professional relationships with children, families, preschool and child care service staff, critical stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
x2 permanent full-time roles. 1 floater role and 1 in the preschool room.
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the National Quality Standards
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Sound understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to lead others and support with documentation
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Priority placement for children of staff members and discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- RDOs for full-time educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Paid mandatory Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Flu Vaccination reimbursement
- Access to Flare HR - gift card discounts to leading major retailers
To view the position description, please follow the link below or copy and paste into web browser.
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.