Early Childhood Teacher - SDN Redfern
Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children.
When you begin a career in an SDN Early Education and Care centre, you're joining a village of opportunity. Our centres are inclusive and unique environments where everyone is welcome and respected. Discover a community of professionals who are enhancing children's wellbeing by partnering with families to enrich young lives every day.
SDN Children's Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 700 staff across 34 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT. We also have therapists who support children with autism or a developmental delay, and can help overcome the challenges that can make everyday life and participation tough for children.
About The Centre
SDN Redfern offers early childhood education and child care for 60 children, from birth to school age. We are in the heart of our community, and is surrounded by a growing and vibrant parent community. We have relationships with local community leaders, service groups and organisations that represent the vibrancy and diversity of Redfern.
Our indoor and large outdoor play spaces have been designed to facilitate learning through play. We have individual rooms for the infants, toddlers and preschool age groups, although our flexible program also provides time for siblings and children of various ages to play together. Our environment supports children to build relationships with peers and educators, understand and appreciate the natural world, and to develop many skills including creative, music and early literacy and numeracy skills.
About the Role
As an experienced Early Childhood Teacher, you will deliver an innovative, high quality and inclusive early childhood program for children that reflects current theory, practice and the values and philosophies of SDN and ensure positive outcomes for all children.
You will lead the Nursery Room and be responsible for the overall room management, including the children, program, WHS and identifying and supporting staff development through individual and team assessments.
You will be supported by a highly experienced Centre Director, join a stable team of experienced and passionate educators, and support from a team of Practice Leaders in Shared Services.
This is a full-time permanent role starting in the toddler room and may transition to nursery next year.
- University qualifications in Early Childhood Education and registration with NESA
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Excellent understanding of current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, and naturalistic, responsive early childhood intervention practices
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for centres
- Understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Commitment and skill in providing quality and appropriate experiences and inviting learning environments for children
- Experience in leading and guiding practice of other Educators
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
- Current Senior First Aid certificate and current Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate (preferable)
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Priority placement for children of staff members and discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- RDOs for full-time educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Paid mandatory Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Flu Vaccination reimbursement
- Access to Flare HR - gift card discounts to leading major retailers
View the position description via the link below or copy and paste into a web browser:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.
About SDN Childrens Services
SDN Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia’s most respected children’s services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 30 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.