Early Childhood Educator - Nursery Room
FROEBEL Fitzroy North is an early learning centre for 69 children from 6 months to 5 years of age. The service has been rated 'Exceeding National Quality Standard'. Our centre is located in a leafy area with beautiful outdoor environments. Our program focuses on immersive language learning (second language: German) and inquiry-based early learning by implementing the Little Scientists program (https://littlescientists.org.au/). Please visit our FROEBEL website (www.froebel.com.au/) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/froebelaustralia/) and watch our Youtube Channel (https://youtu.be/lcDJT7KLaOs) to learn more about us! 🙂
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Early Childhood Educator for our Nursery Room with 12 children. The role is 37.5 hours per week across 5 days per week.
We offer you
- a happy workplace with a collaborative team and a supportive Centre Director
- a purposeful and rewarding role providing education and care for our children
- a salary substantially above Modern Award
- allocated planning time each week and regular paid team meetings
- mentoring by the Room Leader and the centre's Educational Leader
- sustainable practices and excursions within the community
- generous professional development opportunities including the chance to participate in the FROEBEL Future Leader Program
- an employee wellbeing program with regular initiatives (e.g. weekly fruit baskets, free vaccinations)
- an employee assistance program (access to confidential professional counselling services)
- free all day parking / easy tram ride directly from the city.
We need you to
- hold an approved Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or be working towards either qualification)
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to built and grow trusting relationships with colleagues, families and community members
- be a true team player
- have a keen interest in immersive language learning (German language skills are a plus but not required) and inquiry-based learning
- have an understanding of contemporary child safe practices
- last but definitely not least: have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
📧 Please use the apply button and attach your resume. Ideally you also write a short cover letter/note outlining why you are applying for this role! 🙂
FROEBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
FROEBEL is a child safe organisation.
Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.