Early Childhood Educator
The Infants’ Home Child & Family Services is a dynamic organisation, with a long tradition and strong sense of contemporary pathways focussing on best practice and research initiatives. A unique work environment set on four acres in Ashfield with cultural commitment to innovation, diversity, integrity and collaboration. The Infants’ Home is a leading provider of quality and innovative education, health and care for children and families for over 145 years.
This is an exciting career opportunity in a unique multipurpose child and family service which integrates early childhood education, health, allied health, welfare and early intervention services on one site; supporting children and families experiencing disadvantage and complex needs in a coordinated manner in the context of universal services.
We provide integrated early childhood services through five Early Care and Education Centres and a Family Day Care scheme in an inclusion ethos wherein 30% of our families are experiencing a range of vulnerabilities. We provide high staff ratios; strengths based practices, professional development and involvement with community networks. Staff are highly resourced and supported.
We are currently recruiting for several casual early childhood educators with full-time availability.
- ACECQA approved Certificate III qualification (academic transcript must be supplied prior to commencement of employment)
- Completion of an approved child protection training unit/course (CHCPRT001/CHCPRT002)
- Sound written, verbal communication skills, computer literacy and organisational skills
- A current First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis (HLTAID004)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- Availability to work 5 days (highly desirable)
- Confidence in a range of documentation styles
- Experience working with children from birth to five years in a Centre-based environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge/experience working with children with additional needs in an inclusive environment is desirable
- Understanding and valuing of children’s rights in practice
- Sound understanding of NQF, NQS and Early Years Learning Framework
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
What we can offer
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing career development
- Dynamic, supportive team environment
Please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please call Simon Zhu, Human Resources Officer, on (02) 8719 5018.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven't received a response within two weeks, we thank you for your interest in The Infants’ Home, however you may consider that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.