Early Childhood Educator - Certificate III | Diploma
The Infants’ Home Child & Family Services is a dynamic organisation, with a long tradition based on a strong sense of contemporary pathways focusing on best practice and research initiatives. Ours is a unique work environment set on four acres in Ashfield with cultural commitment to innovation, diversity, integrity and collaboration. The Infants’ Home has been a leading provider of quality, innovative education, health and care for children and families for over 145 years.
We provide integrated, inclusive early childhood services through five Early Care and Education Centres plus Family Day Care wherein 30% of our families are experiencing a range of vulnerabilities. We provide high staff ratios; strengths based practices, professional development and involvement with community networks. Staff are highly resourced and supported.
We are currently recruiting for the following full-time positions:
- Certificate III Early Childhood Educator
- Diploma Qualified Early Childhood Educator
- Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services (position dependent)
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a preschool or early childhood education setting (Cert III)
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a preschool or early childhood education setting (Diploma)
- Approved Child Protection Training - CHCPRT001 / CHCPRT002
- Sound written, verbal communication skills, computer literacy and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework
- Confidence in a range of documentation styles
- Understanding and valuing of children’s rights in practice
- Acquired ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Knowledge/experience working with children with additional needs in an inclusive environment (highly desirable)
- Experience and understanding of working within interdisciplinary teams (highly desirable)
- Current First Aid Certificate including anaphylaxis and asthma training (HLTAID004)
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
What we can offer
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing career development
- Dynamic, supportive team environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Competitive above award salary
Please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please call Simon Zhu, Human Resources Officer, on (02) 8719 5018.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven't received a response within two weeks, we thank you for your interest in The Infants’ Home, however you may consider that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.