Early Childhood Educator - Nursery
"We want every child to have the opportunity to grow into a curious, capable, caring and contributing global citizen, beginning with an empowered childhood."
FROEBEL Alexandria is a unique early learning centre for 44 children from 6 months to 5 years with warm and creative indoor areas as well as a beautiful 80m² learning garden with a fireplace. Our educational program focuses on immersive language learning (second language: German) and inquiry-based early learning by implementing the Little Scientists program. Please visit our FROEBEL website, our Facebook page and our YouTube Channel to learn more about us! 🙂
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Early Childhood Educator to join our Nursery team. The role is 37.5 hours per week worked Mondays to Fridays.
We offer you
- a happy workplace with collaborative team and an experienced, supportive Centre Director
- a salary substantially above Award
- allocated planning time each week and regular paid team meetings
- mentoring by the Room Leader and the centre's Educational Leader
- generous professional development opportunities, including the chance to be part of our FROEBEL Future Leaders Program
- an employee wellbeing program with regular initiatives
- an complimentary employee assistance program (access to confidential professional counselling services)
- walking distance to public transport.
We need you to
- hold an approved Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or be actively working towards
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to built and grow trusting relationships with colleagues, families and community members
- German language skills are desirable but not a must
- have an interest in immersive language learning and inquiry-based learning
- have an understanding of contemporary child safe practices
- be a true team player
- have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
📧 Please use the apply button and attach your resume. Ideally you also write a short cover letter/note outlining why you are applying for this role! 🙂
FROEBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
FROEBEL is a child safe organisation.
Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.