Child Care Cook
Young Minds Academy is look for a permanent part - time cook to join our team.
We require someone who is passionate about nutrition and has an understanding of safe food handling practise.
What we offer?
- Flexible work hours - The role is part time hours Monday to Friday.
- Above award pay
- Reduced gap incentives if you have children in childcare
What are your Key Responsibilities:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, early childhood regulations and all policies, procedures and work guidelines issued by Young Minds Academy.
- Maintain the health and safety of themselves and others at all times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of special dietary requirements relating to allergies, intolerance, and medical conditions.
- Prepare and cook nutritious meals that are culturally appropriate for children 0-6 years.
- Prepare meals and snacks in a timely manner that fits the Service’s routines.
- Respect and adhere to Cultural and religious differences
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding regarding food handling and cross-contamination risks when preparing food for allergies and intolerances.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the nutritional standards set by the Australian Food and Beverage classification system.
- Ensure that all food is stored in compliance with Health Regulations.
- Operate mixers, ovens, choppers, shredders, steamers, grills, grinders, steam kettles, fry kettles, and other food equipment.
- Co-ordinate the purchasing of food and supplies with the Nominated Supervisor.
- Collect produce when required from local suppliers
- Be aware of, and assist in the management of the food budget including the choices of food and use of purchases.
- To keep records of receipts, packing slips and order forms.
- Source quality and seasonal (where possible) stock that is of nutritional value for our children.
Qualifications for this role
Hold a certificate showing they have successfully completed Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) units of competency through a registered training organisation, in: menu planning, nutrition and safe food handling. (Provided the menu-planning unit of competency or nutrition unit of competency is from level AQF 3 or higher from hospitality, commercial cookery, childcare, or health course.)
Stand alone courses, which meet the requirements:
- SIT30812 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (AQF 3)
- SIT30807 Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)(AQF 3)
Food safety supervisor (Level 1) course including:
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
About Young Minds Academy
Established in 2019, Young Minds Academy saw the need to bridge the gap between home and kindergarten by providing a quality childcare service that centred around the needs of the local community.
This commitment to providing quality education and dedication to early learning has seen successfully operate Young Minds Academy - Little Mounties and Young Minds Academy - Mount Pritchard.
Our educators work as a team along with management to ensure an excellent experience for children and their families.
Young Minds Academy believes that teaching is a life long vocation and we look for the same values in our educators.