South Coogee Learning Centre
- Community based / Not for Profit, Long Day Care. Located in South Coogee P.S.
- 60 place centre, ages 2-5
- Excellent high-quality centre, exceeding rating in all seven areas. Above educator/ child ratios and above award programming time allocated for every room.
- Passionate friendly staff.
- Attractive salary
About The Role
We are seeking a passionate, qualified and experienced Centre director for our highly regarded 60-place, not-for-profit long day care centre. You will lead and support an established team of educators and work with a supportive parent management committee.
- Manage the smooth operation of the service
- Organise, supervise and support the team
- Nurture staff morale
- Build positive relationships with families and children
- Maintain occupancy
- Develop and continue to improve the centre QIP
- Execute administrative duties including:
- attendance records
- purchase equipment/resources
- Family communication, written and verbal
- a solid understanding and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations
- work collaboratively and build positive relationships with the Parent Committee, Director of OOSH and the school principal
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Childcare Centre Director/ Nominated Supervisor
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, or Diploma qualification (or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification)
- Current Working With Children Check
- Certificate in First Aid (including current annual CPR certificate)
- Certificate in Asthma / Anaphylaxis
- Completion of an Approved Child Protection course
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Proven experience supporting, coaching and training colleagues and a commitment to growth and learning
- Well organised, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- Are adaptable, flexible, resilient, and able to respond positively to change
- Sound knowledge of the National Regulations and law
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework and maintaining compliance
- A philosophical perspective shaped by Reggio Emilia will be viewed positively as would be knowledge of the community, beaches and bays of the Eastern suburbs.
- Attractive Salary
- Full-time off the floor position with office/ admin support
- Comprehensive handover notes
- A supportive leadership team and parent management committee that highly values its staff
- Support for ongoing professional development
- The centre is highly regarded in the local area with long waitlists
- We are a friendly team of educators who are committed to the importance of creating beautiful environments for young children's learning
- Free street parking
If you are passionate about early education and care and would like to lead our friendly dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
Contact us now for more information and a confidential discussion.