Sector Liaison Coordinator
About FDCA and your role
A rare and unique opportunity supporting the family day care sector in a rewarding, customer facing role.
- Be part of the national peak body for family day care
- Remote/hybrid arrangements considered
- Manage inbound and outbound member enquiries and sector support projects
Family day care is an approved form of early childhood education where educators work from their own home. Family Day Care Australia (FDCA), the national peak body for family day care, is seeking to recruit a Sector Liaison Coordinator. This position will be responsible for providing in-depth phone and email support, monitoring and reporting on current sector trends, database maintenance and managing sector support-oriented projects.
Through collaborative national advocacy, a strong research evidence base and high public visibility, FDCA supports, represents and promotes the family day care sector in delivering quality outcomes for children. FDCA is an apolitical, not for profit, national member association representing family day care educator and service members. Together with sector stakeholders, we are working towards a stronger future for family day care.
What FDCA can offer you in the role
As one of our front-line member support and liaison team, your day will include providing detailed and high-level engagement with member stakeholders and support with practice related issues and enquiries.
FDCA has sophisticated cloud-based call-centre IT infrastructure in place, which may allow for the successful candidate to have the opportunity to fulfil a part of the role remotely from home.
Key duties include:
- Act as the primary contact for practice related enquiries
- Facilitate a consistent engagement approach with member stakeholders in relation to practice related issues
- Develop and deliver an ongoing, sequenced outbound member engagement program, which may be tailored at times depending on need
- Collate information obtained through member engagement in a coherent manner and advise the FDCA management team and Executive of key issues arising from member engagement through ongoing reporting
- Manage member support and engagement projects
What you will bring to the role
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the family day care and/or early childhood education and care sector
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Early Childhood Education and Care National Law and Regulations and the Child Care Subsidy System
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to the role, you will be joining our friendly, welcoming, and fun team at FDCA, with regular collaborative team activities and events.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to the criteria and duties by close of business 9 July 2022 to email@example.com.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Rollason, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0448 501 543.
About Family Day Care Australia
For more than 30 years, no other organisation has been more committed to representing, supporting and promoting family day care in Australia, or as effective in helping family day care operators achieve success.
Being a member of Family Day Care Australia means you're part of Australia's largest family day care community and also gives you access to a range of services and support specifically tailored to the needs and requirements of the family day care sector.
And, because we are your national, not-for-profit peak body, your investment in us is an investment in a stronger future for family day care.