Diploma Educator (Preschool Room)
We are searching for a dedicated educator that fits into the culture of our wonderful vibrant team at our family owned centre at Turramurra on Sydney's upper north shore. The centre was purposebuilt 6 years ago so we benefit from lovely large rooms and natural outdoor environment with quality resources. We are a 0-5 years centre and are seeking an educator who is prepared to work with all ages 8 hour shifts per day. Our educators work a rotating roster. This position is initally to be in the preschool room where you will work alongside an experienced and friendly ECT room leader (also our Educational Leader) who will support you and welcome you to their team. Ideally we are looking for a diploma qualified educator but would consider an experienced Certificate III who is willinging to study their diploma through a diploma traineeship.
We are seeking an educator who values:
- Building friendships and secure bonds with the children, families and our team of educators.
- Working in partnership with families.
- Building strong connections to our environment, community and world.
- Open respectful communication.
- Have a personal philosophy aligned to our centres philosophy.
- Contributing their ideas to the room and centre.
- Working as part of a team to provide the best care and education for the children and families at our service
- Are willing to work with all age groups (we are a 0-5 years service).
- Online digital programming/documentation (OWNA).
- Support in profesional development.
- Supportive hands on management.
- Off the floor programming and planning time.
- A light natural environment to work in
- Great new resources.
- Street parking. Public transport available.
- Career development opportunities.
- Immediate start available.
We are a small family owned service in Turramurra. Our purpose built centre was opened in 2016 and benefits from large rooms and natural outdoor environment with quality resouces. All our educators are friendly, helpful and respectful. All room leaders are ECT qualified or working towards their ECT. We believe in working as a team with the children are No.1 priority. We have a beautiful group of families at our service who consider Little Wallabies an extension of their family. We work closely with our families to support each child's individual develop and goals. We are seeking likeminded educators who are passionate about children's learning and being part of a respectful and helpful team.
To be eligible for the position you need to:
- Hold an ACECQA approved qualification (ECT/diploma/ certificate III) or studying (will consider for the right applicant)
- Ideally, have experience working in childcare however this is not essential.
- Ideally, experience programming and completing individual observations and assessments or be prepared to learn.
- Have an understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS).
- Be a team player, professional and organised
- Be passionate about working with children and their families and committed to providing high quality care
- Have good communication skills getting down to the children's level
- Have a current working with children check and first aid certificate.
- Be an Australian Resident or hold a working visa (this is essential).