|Manager Educational Programs and Projects
* Help children have the best start in life through high quality education & care
* Improve outcomes for children and families in early education and care.
* Join an expert team working across governments at the national level.
We want children in Australia to have the best start in life.
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments to:
* implement changes that benefit children birth to 13 years-of-age and their families
* monitor and promote the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Law across all states and territories
* support the early childhood education and care sector to improve quality outcomes for children
We strive for innovation and continuous improvement and are committed to keeping the sector and the community informed with the latest developments in early childhood education and care.
The Manager Educational Programs and Projects (Quality and Regulatory Support) leads a team of professionals responsible for providing advice on quality programs, practices and policies in children’s education and care services and supporting the sector and authorised officers (and other relevant regulatory authority staff) to implement the NQF.
This role is full time for a fixed term of 12 months at ACECQA Band 6/7 ($109,683 - $144,726)
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following essential criteria:
* Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities and experience in a complex, agile and diverse environment.
* Demonstrated capabilities and experience in children’s education and care service delivery, vocational education, regulatory functions, and/or public sector management.
* Demonstrated experience in developing and managing projects and programs of work, including the ability to independently scope, plan, control and manage projects, and provide accurate reporting.
* Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and develop clear, timely and accurate recommendations, briefs and reports to change, interpret or develop policies and programs
* Proven ability to develop productive working relationships with external stakeholders and peak organisations.
* Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across audiences and genres (including presentations, articles and resources) backed by high level written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate confidently with internal and external stakeholders
While not essential, the following attributes will greatly assist you in the role:
* Knowledge and understanding of legislation, research, policies, practices, theories and trends relating to the children’s education and care sector.
* Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 6 July 2022 at 11.59pm.
Important Note: Pleaseensure you follow the recruitment process outlined below, otherwise you may not be considered for the role.
To apply, please register with the ACECQA Recruitment Candidate Portal, navigate to the Manager Educational Programs and Projects vacancy and click Apply for Job. The application process will require you to:
* Attach a CV of no more than 5 pages which demonstrates your ability to meet the criteria contained in the position description.
* Attach a written response to the essential criteria listed above below of no more than 2 pages
* Provide the details of at least two referees that cover the last 3 years of employment.
All complete applications will be acknowledged.
If you have any questions please email the HR team at .
Notice to agencies
ACECQA will not accept applications from any source other than directly from a candidate for this vacancy. Recruitment agencies must have received instructions from ACECQA in relation to a specific vacancy in order to submit applications on behalf of candidates.