Full-Time Educators - Forest Lake
Forest Lake Child Care Centre
Permanent Full-time Educators
We currently have an exciting opportunity for passionate Childcare Educators to join our team on a full-time basis, starting 8 August 2022. The successful applicants will have a vision for children as capable and competent learners, working under the guidance of experienced leaders to assist in implementing an enriched learning environment for children to help build their foundations for early years.
Forest Lake Child Care Centre is a community based long day care centre providing care for children aged from six months to five years, and proudly offers a responsive learning environment, guided by the Early Years Learning Framework. Our service provides a community environment that recognises and respects the individuality, ability and potential of each child. We offer children innovative educational programs in a flexible, play-based natural environment where they can be themselves and learn about the world around them. Our service also provides a Kindergarten Program with a qualified Early Childhood Teacher.
If you looking to intentionally make a meaningful difference to others and your community we encourage you to apply!
We can offer you:
- Lifestyle benefits including employee assistance program
- Paid renewal of your blue card and first aid certifications
- Reward and Recognition program
- Area Manager support
- Compliance and Regulation support
- People and Culture support
- Remuneration is aligned with the Children’s Services Award.
- Generous professional development opportunities, including networking with other early childhood services.
The successful applicant will bring to the role:
- Hold an ACECQA approved Certificate III, equivalent, or higher (Required)
- Current valid Blue Card, Police Check, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training (Required)Previous experience in the long day care sector, working across multiple age groups (desirable)
- Working knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, National Quality Framework and National Law and Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Assist to deliver a responsive early childhood program reflecting the service philosophy, EYLF and the voices of children
- Create responsive and inspiring learning environments for children
- Assist and contribute to the planning, documenting and implementation of quality play-based early childhood education program within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) that shows each individual child’s learning and growth.
- Assist in ensuring an engaging, safe and aesthetic learning environment based on the knowledge of the child, children, EYLF and National Quality Standards (NQS) is presented and maintained.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with fellow educators to support each other’s professional development and to utilise a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching, reflective practice and continuous improvement that provides quality education and care of children.
- Build and maintain strong, positive communication and relationships with families and children, supporting meaningful engagement and parent participation, maintaining professional boundaries.
- Support commitment to inclusion and access to a quality early childhood education program for all children and families, treating all children and families with dignity and respect.
- Positively guide children’s behaviour and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy, kindness and respect.
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@ucaqld.com.au identifying the position you are applying for, or select the 'Apply now" button.
Enquires to the position can be made directly to Cathy Adams on (07) 3723 7200 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday, 29 July 2022
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
About The Uniting Church In Australia Queensland Synod
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has Early Learning Services, Schools, Colleges and large Community Services.