Fixed-Term Part-time Lead Educator
Fixed-Term Part-time Lead Educator
Kingdom Kids Child Care Centre - Carbrook
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term part-time Lead Educator to join our team (working 35 hours a week), covering a 12 month parental leave contract commencing 2 September 2022. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate early childhood lead educator to join our team to deliver high quality education and care. The ideal candidate will view children as capable and competent learners along with an understanding of contemporary Early Childhood practices.
Kingdom Kids Child Care Centre, is located on the Calvary Christian College Carbrook Campus and forms part of the newly created Uniting Education Early Learning section of the Uniting Church in Queensland. Our service provides a community environment that offers a responsive learning environment guided by the Early Years Learning Framework, recognising and respecting the individuality, ability and potential of each child. We offer children innovative educational programs in a flexible, play-based natural environment where they can be themselves and learn about the world around them. Closely associated to the Calvary Christian College, as a team member of Kingdom Kids you will have access to the school library, bush kindy, farm visits, physical education facilities and the chapel.
What we can offer you:
- Generous professional development opportunities (including networking with other early childhood services)
- Reimbursement of some early childhood recommended vaccines
- Paid?First Aid qualifications and blue card renewals
- Other lifestyle benefits including an employee assistance program.
- Reward and Recognition program
- Area Manager support
What we need you to do:
- Assist to deliver a responsive early childhood program reflecting the service philosophy, EYLF and the voices of children
- Create responsive and inspiring learning environments for children
- Assist and contribute to the planning, documenting and implementation of quality play-based early childhood education program within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) that shows each individual child’s learning and growth.
- Assist in ensuring an engaging, safe and aesthetic learning environment based on the knowledge of the child, children, EYLF and National Quality Standards (NQS) is presented and maintained.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with fellow educators to support each other’s professional development and to utilise a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching, reflective practice and continuous improvement that provides quality education and care of children.
- Build and maintain strong, positive communication and relationships with families and children, supporting meaningful engagement and parent participation, maintaining professional boundaries.
- Support commitment to inclusion and access to a quality early childhood education program for all children and families, treating all children and families with dignity and respect.
- Positively guide children’s behaviour and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy, kindness and respect.
The successful applicant will bring to the role:
- Studying towards or hold a ACECQA approved Certificate III, equivalent, or higher (Required)
- Previous experience in the long day care sector, working across multiple age groups (desirable)
- Working knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, National Quality Framework and National Law and Regulations
- View children as capable and competent learners, with an understanding of contemporary early childhood practices
- A commitment to learning and professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have skills to priorities and manage work tasks efficiently and effectively
- Current valid Blue Card, Police Check, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training (Required)
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Enquires to the position can be made directly to Michelle Clarke by calling (07) 3209 0250.
Applications close: Friday, 12 August 2022
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
About The Uniting Church In Australia Queensland Synod
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has Early Learning Services, Schools, Colleges and large Community Services.