UWA Child Care Centre
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- Base salary range: Qualified Educator $60,012 – $64,161 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA Child Care Services provides an Early Learning Centre that offers part-time and full-time care to children aged six weeks to five years, and an Out of School Care Service that provides After School Care and Vacation Care for pre-primary students to twelve year olds, during state school terms and state school holidays.
Management and staff aim to provide high quality education and care and enriching learning experiences for all children, in partnership with their families, and in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012, and the National Quality Framework.
About the opportunity
You will independently develop, implement and evaluate developmental programmes and maintain daily routines, in a team approach to the delivery of care. You will support senior management in liaising with parents and ensuring the Centre’s policies are adhered to.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood, Bachelor of Social Science (Children and Family Studies) or Diploma of Children’s Services, as recognised by the Child Care Licensing and Standards Unit
- Substantial experience as a Qualified Child Care Giver within a childcare setting.
- Possess leadership skills and have had experience in working with children aged 0-5 years, Working with Children Check
- Appropriate Medical Clearance, in working in a childcare setting Current Senior First Aid and / or Caring for Kids Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care industry, including the current regulations and centre Accreditation requirements
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and evaluating developmental programmes and daily routines independently
- Proven ability to supervise and work in a team environment Verbal and written communication skills
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Job 510049- PD - Qualified Educator.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
In line with the Western Australia COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Programme the successful applicant for this position will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status (or have a Vaccination Exemption Statement) before commencing work at UWA.
Closing date: 11:55PM on Monday, 15 August 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Joanne Powell on (08) 6488 5311 or email@example.com.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia. .
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021)
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020
Assistance and Support
UWA is committed to inclusive recruitment and is happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. If you have queries in relation to the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the 6-digit job reference number and type of communication you prefer, and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.