Part-Time Educator - Toombul
Toombul Early Childhood Centre
We are searching for an enthusiastic Part-Time Educator (10-37.5 hours per week) to be part of a passionate team of early childhood educators providing their community with high quality education and care. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a talented educator who has a passion for early childhood education and care, making a real and meaningful contribution to their role, community and families.
Toombul Early Childhood Centre is part of the newly created Uniting Education Early Learning section of the Church in Queensland. We are searching for enthusiastic and passionate Educators to join our team in providing high quality early childhood education and care. Through a community focused environment we offer a responsive learning environment for our children, guided by the Early Years Learning Framework that recognises and respects individuality, ability and the potential of each child. We offer children innovative educational programs in a flexible, play-based natural environment where they can be themselves and learn about the world around them.
It is anticipated that applicants would be available to commence work as soon as possible. If you’re a qualified Early Childhood Educator seeking an exciting career opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
What we can offer you:
- Generous professional development opportunities (including networking with other early childhood services)
- Reimbursement of some early childhood recommended vaccines
- Paid First Aid qualifications and blue card renewals
- Other lifestyle benefits including an employee assistance program.
- Reward and Recognition program
- Area Manager support
- Remuneration as per the Children's Services Award
What We Ask Of You:
- Assist to deliver a responsive early childhood program reflecting the service philosophy, EYLF and the voices of children
- Create responsive and inspiring learning environments for children
- Assist and contribute to the planning, documenting and implementation of quality play-based early childhood education program within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) that shows each individual child’s learning and growth.
- Assist in ensuring an engaging, safe and aesthetic learning environment based on the knowledge of the child, children, EYLF and National Quality Standards (NQS) is presented and maintained.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with fellow educators to support each other’s professional development and to utilise a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching, reflective practice and continuous improvement that provides quality education and care of children.
- Build and maintain strong, positive communication and relationships with families and children, supporting meaningful engagement and parent participation, maintaining professional boundaries.
- Support commitment to inclusion and access to a quality early childhood education program for all children and families, treating all children and families with dignity and respect.
- Positively guide children’s behaviour and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy, kindness and respect.
What We Require Of You:
- An ACECQA approved Certificate III, equivalent, or higher (Required)
- Previous experience in the long day care sector, working across multiple age groups (desirable)
- Working knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, National Quality Framework and National Law and Regulations
- View children as capable and competent learners, with an understanding of contemporary early childhood practices
- A commitment to learning and professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have skills to priorities and manage work tasks efficiently and effectively
- Current valid Blue Card, Police Check, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training (Required)
To apply, submit your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by selecting the below “Apply for Job” button.
Enquires to the position can be made directly to the Centre Director, Raija Taylor on 07) 3621 5340
Applications close: Friday, 12 August 2022
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
About The Uniting Church In Australia Queensland Synod
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has Early Learning Services, Schools, Colleges and large Community Services.